Acne can be caused by anything from stress, to the environment to general hygiene. We’ve compiled a list of things you should be avoiding to prevent those break-outs from happening.
1. Picking at your skin. It’s tempting, but don’t do it! Popping pimples cause bacteria to spread across your face, causing more pimples in the long-run. Picking at them will also lead to scarring, which are very difficult to treat.
2. Scrubbing, over-cleansing your skin – Constantly scrubbing can irritate the skin, aggravate inflammation, and dry out the skin.
3. Sleeping with make-up on – Leaving make-up on overnight cause outbreaks because foundations, blush, and powders clog your skin, making you much more likely to get pimples.
4. Not keeping glasses/sunglasses/phone clean – Glasses and phones can be infected with bacteria that transfer to your face, making your skin prone to breakouts.
5. Not washing your face – Over scrubbing is harmful for your skin, but not washing your face is harmful, too. Cleanse your face 2 or 3 times a day to clear your skin of oil and bacteria.
6. Using heavy oils – Heavy oils that exist in conditioners and other hair products irritate the skin and cause skin to break out. If you use hair products with oils, avoid direct contact with your face. Also, cleanse your face throughly and to make sure your skin stays clear of these oils.
For acne, dermatologists recommend products with benzoyl peroxide & salicylic acid but only in moderation as they tend to dry out the skin. Cover-Dot Acne Care is a drug-free and safe solution for sensitive skin. They work best on popped pimples or pimples that have come to a head as it absorbs impurities with an ideal environment for healing.